Warranty and Safety
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience breakage issues with the tool. The tools will be covered under warranty for normal use conditions. If it is determined by the manufacturer that the tool was misused or forcefully used on extra-hard surfaces, the tool will not be replaced.
Failure to understand the safe use of any power tool may result in serious injury to you or others around you. Please keep your work area clean and well lit.
Cluttered benches and dark areas invite accidents. Do not operate power tools in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids, gases or dust. All power tools can create sparks, which may ignite dust or fumes.
Keep bystanders, children and visitors away while operating a power tool. Distractions can cause you to lose control.
- The recommended speed of the Rotary Chisel is 15,000 to 30,000 RPM’s.
- The larger; CT102, CT103 and CT104 (all tools with a ¼” [6mm] shaft) can be used with a die grinder or other larger devices which can handle a 1/4" shaft; we suggest you do NOT use the 1/8” shaft tools with a die grinder.
- Please insert the shaft at least 50% into the collet to prevent the shaft from bending.
- Be sure you tighten the collet securely before turning the power tool on.
- At 25,000 RPM’s the Rotary Chisel is striking your working surface at 1,250 times per second. As a result of this efficiency, a small amount of vibration is created and can loosen the collet. It is suggested you occasionally check the collet to ensure the tool is still secure.
The following safety precautions should always be followed:
- Always disconnect and/or power off your power tool before changing bits
- Always use eye & face protection to guard against flying debris
- DO NOT hold your material while you are using the Rotary Chisel, properly secure all working materials before starting to carve
- Always use both hands to control your high speed rotary tools while carving
- Never allow observers to be in the line of flying debris and ensure observers follow all safety precautions
- Always allow high speed cutting tools to cool off before handling them